Question of the Day: Did You Move for a Relationship?
This morning’s Doing Money interview—and our subsequent comment discussion about whether a woman moving to be closer to her male significant other was “unfeminist”—made me curious:
- How many Billfolders have moved to close the distance on a relationship? (Me! Twice! Both times we had the “this can’t be the only reason you move” conversation, and it wasn’t the only reason I moved, but it was a big part of my decision.)
- Of those Billfolders, how many are women? (Me! Twice!)
- Did you quit a job to move? (Me! Once!)
- How did you and your significant other handle the financial costs of moving? (The first time, I paid for the majority of the costs; the second time, the person I was dating helped with some of the costs and flew to my city to physically help me pack up.)
- Are you glad that you moved? (Yes, both times—but I’m also a generally happy person. Also, see “it wasn’t the only reason I moved,” above.)
That’s five questions of the day, but I know Team Billfold and WE CAN HANDLE THIS.
Support The Billfold