Billfold Book Giveaway: Empire of the Fund
I am delighted to announce that William A. Birdthistle, author of Empire of the Fund, has offered to give away 10 copies of his book in advance of next month’s Billfold Book Club discussion. If you’ve been having trouble finding a copy of Empire of the Fund at your local library, or would just like to see if you can win one, this giveaway is for you. (Also, you have to be a U.S. resident. Yes, sweepstakes laws are THE WORST.)
Official rules are as follows:
- This giveaway/sweepstakes includes 10 copies of William A. Birdthistle’s Empire of the Fund. Total value per book, as determined by hardcover list price: $37.95. Total value of all books: $379.50.
- Entrants must complete this Google Form between 9 a.m. Pacific on Tuesday, December 4 and 12:01 a.m. Pacific on Friday, December 7. Each entry will autopopulate into a spreadsheet and be given a number; on Friday, December 7, I’ll use Random.org to select 10 unique winners.
- Winners will be contacted via email on Friday, December 7, at which point I will ask for your shipping address. I will email all of the winners’ names and shipping addresses directly to William Birdthistle, who will handle the shipping process.
- Once all winners are confirmed and shipping details are collected, winners will be announced on TheBillfold.com in a post titled “Billfold Book Giveaway Winners: Empire of the Fund.” Due to various state sweepstakes laws, I will need to list your real names (but they will not be connected with your Billfold commenter handles, so you can still retain commenter anonymity). If you do not want your real name printed on The Billfold, please do not enter this sweepstakes.
- You are responsible for any taxes associated with your winnings.
- No purchase necessary. No Patreon membership required.
- You must be a U.S. resident to participate. This is because each country has a unique set of sweepstakes/giveaway laws, and it is difficult to follow all of them simultaneously. (Sorry, international Billfolders!)
- You must also be at least 18 years old.
- Void where prohibited by law. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. The Billfold is not responsible for inaccurate entry information. If you’re a member of my family, you’re ineligible to enter the sweepstakes.
- Emailing names and shipping addresses to William Birdthistle
- Posting winners’ real names on TheBillfold.com in a post titled “Billfold Book Giveaway Winners: Empire of the Fund.”
Here’s that form again if you want to enter. Best of luck to y’all, and THANK YOU to William Birdthistle!
Support The Billfold