Question Wednesday

Photo credit: Kate Ter Haar, CC BY 2.0.

It’s Wednesday, which means it’s time to dig up those financial questions.

Today, our question comes by reader request: how do you know when it’s time to get a CPA or financial adviser? Sure, you might want a CPA to help with taxes, but what about other stuff like long-term financial planning? Investment and retirement advice? Estate planning? When is it time to make the shift from “I can manage my finances on my own” to “maybe I should ask for help?” How do you find the right person to ask?

Share your thoughts — or ask your own questions — in the comments.

Support The Billfold

The Billfold continues to exist thanks to support from our readers. Help us continue to do our work by making a monthly pledge on Patreon or a one-time-only contribution through PayPal.