It’s Friday, which means it’s time to estimate our weekend spending.
The Billfold will be running a series of themed features next week (on the subject “Our Uncertain Year”) but we won’t return to a regular posting schedule until January, so… how much estimating do you want to do today?
I’m going to be bold and estimate everything I might spend between now and January 2.
- $15 on airport food/water for the flights to and from Washington DC to celebrate Christmas with my sister/BIL/nephew. My parents will be traveling with me on the flight out, but I’ll be returning a little earlier than they will. Haven’t yet decided whether I’ll take Huel for the planes.
- $35 on the taxi from the airport back to my apartment.
- $2.50 on Corn-Fusion popcorn during NewBo City Market’s free showing of Star Wars: A New Hope on December 29.
- $650 on rent.
- $16 on renters insurance.
- $118.29 on a month’s worth of dinners and toiletries that I’ve already loaded into Hy-Vee Aisles Online. $59.93 of that is food, $58.36 are household goods/toiletries, and since it’s over $100, I’ll have it delivered!
Also, a big question mark for NYE. There are half-a-dozen restaurants and hotels throwing interesting-sounding parties, and although I will very likely go to the murder mystery party, I’m still investigating my options. They’ll all cost me $50–$75.
Total estimate: $900.
How about you?
Support The Billfold on Patreon
The Billfold continues to exist thanks to support from our readers. Help us continue to do our work by supporting us on Patreon.