Things to Watch This Weekend
• Foreign Correspondent (1940) — Amazing Hitchcock adventure movie that has one of the best lines in all of cinema: “If you knew how much I loved you you’d faint.”
• My Dinner With Andre (1981) — A movie of two people talking for 2 hours which is actually kind of enthralling and fascinating?
• Shock Corridor (1963) — One of the best and craziest movies by Sam Fuller; I think it takes place in a mental institution.
• The War Room (1993) — Doc about Carville and Stephanopolous on the ’92 Clinton campaign.
• Zero de Conduite (1933) — Short French film about children who rebel against their teachers? I haven’t seen this is a very long time.
• Down By Law (1986) — Jim Jarmusch, Tom Waits, Roberto Benigni.
• Knife in the Water (1962) — Roman Polanski’s first feature (and the only one he made before leaving Poland). As good as Chinatown or Rosemary’s Baby.